Come and use our computers and internet for free with or without a library card! Connect to our public WiFi, SFL Guest, throughout the building and in the surrounding park.
We have both laptop and desktop computers here for your use. The adult computers are on the main level of the Library—simply sign in at the front desk for half an hour increments. If there’s no queue, continue your session.
TEENS (AGES 12-18)
Teens, find your computers in the Teen Room, located on the lower level of the library.
KIDS (AGES 12 & UNDER)
We have AWE computers, which are loaded with fun, interactive and educational activities in math, science, social studies, geography, reading, writing, art, and music among others. Find the children's computers on the lower level of the library.
Connect to our public WiFi—SFL Guest— throughout the building and in the surrounding park.
We subscribe to several newspapers and keep a two week archive of issues. Come by the library to read the following:
- New London Day
- New York Review of Books
- New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Westerly Sun
A public copier is located in the front lobby. Black and white copies cost .15¢ per page. Color copies cost .50¢ per page. If you need assistance we are always happy to help.
We offer local and long distance, outgoing and incoming faxing. International faxing is not available. Our fax machine is located behind the front desk and staff will assist in the faxing process.
Faxing fees –
- Local and Long Distance - $1 per page
- Incoming and Toll Free - .50¢ per page
Print from our devices or yours! See directions for printing wirelessly from your device below. Pick up and pay for printouts at the front desk. Need assistance? Visit us at the front desk.
Printing Cost: 25¢/page.
Children and Teens: Homework and school materials print free of charge.
To print wirelessly from your own device:
1. Connect to our WiFi - SFL Guest (no password)
2. Select HP Officejet Pro 8610 as the printer
3. Pick up and pay for your printouts behind the front desk (.25¢ per page)
We offer scanning from our printer in the front lobby. Scanning to a USB, email and our public laptops is available. There is no charge for scanning services.
If you are a member of a local book group, you can register with the Library to request multiple copies of books for your members. For more information, or to register, call or email us.
Together, the Stonington Free Library and the Stonington Historical Society's Woolworth Library at the Palmer House, have a collection of materials on the history of Stonington. Some of these materials, including the Hale Collection of graveyard records, can be found at SFL. We can assist you in searching the greater collection or refer you to the Stonington Historical Society for further information (genealogical research, etc.).
Explore new exhibits or revisit favorites for free or reduced admission with museum passes from the Library! Passes can be checked out by cardholders for two days.
- Connecticut Old State House
- Free admission up to 2 adults and 2 children
- Connecticut Science Center
- 20% off general admission for up to 4 people
- Connecticut State Parks and Forests
- Waives vehicle entrance fee for vehicles carrying fewer than 12 passengers
- Valid for 2 adults and 4 children at Dinosaur, Fort Trumbull and Gillette Castle State Parks
- Custom House Maritime Museum
- 2 free passes
- Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center
- Free admission for up to 5 people
- The Florence Griswold Museum
- Admits 2 adults and 2 children under 12 into the museum
- During Wee Faerie Village event: Surcharge of $5 per person over 12 (even with free pass)
- The Lyman Allyn Art Museum
- Admits 2 adults and 2 youths
- Children 12 and under are always free
- The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk
- $2 off for up to 6 people
- Mystic Aquarium
- Save $5 off per person for up to 4 people
- Mystic Seaport
- 50% off admission up to 2 adults and 3 children
- Roger Williams Park Zoo
- $3 discount on admission for any combination of up to 4 people
- Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art
- Free general admission for up to 2 adults, age 18 and up
- Always free for ages 17 and younger